How to build a security and video surveillance system with the Axxon One VMS
- To overview the AxxonSoft product line.
- To discover new technologies behind AxxonSoft products along with their capabilities.
- To get product knowledge and hands-on skills in setting up and operating security systems powered by the Axxon One Video Management Software.
This workshop is the first step to understanding how PSIM and VMS systems work, as a foundation for further independent learning.
- AxxonSoft website overview.
- Introduction into the Platform Calculator software.
- Axxon One software: System requirements and key features
- Axxon One software limitations.
- Decoding and activating the key via sale.axxonsoft.com website.
- Axxon One software licenses.
- License activation methods.
Installing, uninstalling and updating the Axxon One software.
- Software package contents.
- Types of Axxon One software installation.
- Axxon One software installation features: File Browser user account, ports range selection, creation of a domain
- Axxon One software de-installation: with and without saving the configuration
Starting up and shutting down the Axxon One software
- Starting up and shutting down Axxon One.
- Troubleshooting startup issues.
Axxon One tabs overview:
- Hardware, Video Footage (GUI: Archive), Detection Tools, Programming, Users, Options.
Configuring Axxon domains
- Creating a new domain
- Adding servers to a domain
- Removing servers from a domain
Configuring a Computer object
Brief overview of the settings:
- Web Server object
- Camera object
- Microphone object
- PTZ (GUI: Telemetry) object
- Sensor object
- Relay object
- Speaker object
- Email object
- SMS Message (GUI: SMS) object
- Export Agent
- Unallocated servers
Configuring camera groups
- Creating groups
- Adding cameras to a group
- Purposes of creating groups (web server, layouts)
Video Footage (GUI: Archive)
Setting up Video Footage (GUI: Archive)
- Video Footage (GUI: Archive) types: file and partition
- Features of the Axxon One file structure
- Creating Video Footage (GUI: Archive)
- Setting up video recording from cameras: continuous, event-triggered, scheduled.
- Default Video Footage (GUI: Archive)
Configuring detection tools
- Video Analytics
- Situational Analysis Detection Tools (Scene Analytics)
- Neural Detection Tools
- Audio Analytics
- Onboard Analytics (GUI: Embedded Analytics)
- Configuring Automatic Rules
- Setting and Configuring Automatic Rules
- Setting, creating and configuring event-driven rules
- Setting, creating and configuring cyclical rules
Configuring user rights
- Assigning a Role object
- Assigning a User object
- UI configuration
- Storage settings
- File export settings
- Alarm handling settings
- PTZ settings
- Time schedules
- Region settings
- Automatic connection
- Audio parameters
- Using event filters
- Exporting retrieved footage
- Playing back event-related video footage
1 Adding hardware
Connecting and configuring cameras
2 Core components of the User Interface.
- Camera window (Viewing tile) context menu, tabs, additional panel for navigating the video footage, etc.
- Information panels: event board. system health (server and camera status) board, statistics board, message board, web board
- Video walls management panel
- Layout panel, layout editing mode
- Interactive map modes: 2D, 3D, immersive mode
- Camera search bar
- Alarms panel
- Objects panel
- Search panel
- Video Footage Navigation panel (GUI: Archive Navigation panel)
- PTZ Control panel
3 Video surveillance modes
- Functions available in all modes
- Real-time video surveillance
- Video surveillance in Alarm Evaluation mode
- Video surveillance in Video Backup Search (GUI: Archive Search) mode
- Fisheye cameras' video display
4 Exporting frames and video sequences
- Specifying exported region and setting masks
- Export status display
5 Configuring external video analytics (GUI: Offline Analytics)
- Importing videos to Axxon One
- Indexing videos imported from external systems
6 Forensic Search (MomentQuest2)
- Search by time stamp
- Search by event
- Motion detection in an area
- Line crossing
- Too many objects
- Motion between areas
- Search by comments
- Search by captions
- Search by vehicle numbers
- Search by facial recognition results
7 Audio surveillance
- Client-side audio surveillance through a camera microphone
- Audio streaming from a microphone
8 Working via the Web client
- Real-time video surveillance via the Web client
- Video stream and playback format selection
9 Working with Axxon One through Mobile clients
- Mobile client overview
- Mobile client setup: Android, iOS, Windows Mobile
- Axxon One Tray Tool utility
- Product Activation utility
- Log Management utility
- Digital Signature Verification utility (GUI: Watermark Checker)
- Configuration Backup and Restore utility
- POS terminal Logs Collector utility
Workshop organization and scheduling
The workshop offers several sessions on theory and practice. The 'theory' sessions cover basic concepts. The 'practice' sessions involve the students in topic-oriented independent work.
Duration: 2 days (14 academic hours).
Sessions start at 10.00 and finish at 18.00.
Several 10 minute breaks and a one-hour lunch break are scheduled within the sessions.
Free coffee and tea available during breaks.